Major food firms reach out to flood affected Chennai people
Nestle, ITC and MTR are among the food processing companies that have made laudable contributions for the flood-affected people of Chennai, according to an official statement released
New Delhi: Nestle, ITC and MTR are among the food processing companies that have made laudable contributions for the flood-affected people of Chennai, according to an official statement released on Sunday.
Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal on Sunday reviewed the situation of processed food being contributed by companies for the people of the southern Indian city and directed that there should be no shortage of milk, packaged food and bottled water.
"In her appeal to the processed food manufacturers, the minister said that it is time to stand up and make exemplary contribution for the flood affected people of Chennai who have been patronising food brands and products manufactured by the industry," the statement added.
It also listed current status of the supplies to Tamil Nadu government by various companies:
- Nestle India supplied 10 metric tonnes of noodles and 5,000 litres of tetra packed milk and 50,000 pouches of coffee. Some 30 metric tonnes of noodles, about 8 metric tonnes of biscuits is also being supplied.
- ITC has supplied six truckloads consisting of 3,163 boxes of biscuits.
- MTR has supplied about 14,128 ready-to-eat food packets and another quantity of 35,000 packets will be delivered by Monday.
- Britannia has supplied three truckload of 345 boxes of biscuits today and remaining two truckloads of food items. They have also been requested to supply additional quantity of milk produce and some bread.
- Coca-Cola India has supplied 50,000 one-litre water bottles.
- PepisCo has supplied 12,000 one-litre water bottles and is arranging transport.
- Parle is arranging to send three truckload of Parle Biscuits.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Ayodhya Verdict: Temple at disputed site, alternative plot for mosque