Man arrested for driving car over people sleeping on pavement
The injured are being treated and investigation in the matter is underway
A person was arrested after the car he was driving allegedly ran over a homeless person and killed him and injured three others in the early hours of Friday, police said on Saturday.
The incident happened in south-east Delhi's Hazrat Nizamuddin area where the people were sleeping near the Gumbad.
"The accused have been booked under sections 308 (attempt to commit culpable homicide) and 304 (rash, negligent or reckless driving) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC)", said an official.
The injured are being treated and investigation in the matter is underway.
Top News Stories of the Day
- Mumbai: Thanks to Titwala man, MP Manoj Kotak raises local train delays in Lok Sabha
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Why can't cops clearly explain sequence, asks Payal Tadvi's husband
- Yemeni couple comes to India to save child with rare disorder; in trouble to go back home
- Chopped pieces of dead body wrapped in plastic bag found in Palghar
- See Photos: Shloka Mehta really knows how to pull off the no-makeup look!
- MMRDA to demolish Bandra East Skywalk passing over Western Express Highway on Saturday night
- Famous celebs who got married at the age of 40 and above
- Mumbai rains flashback: When Mumbaikars were all smiles during monsoons
- Mumbai: Mantralaya water makes employees sick, officials deny contamination
- Leopard cubs rescued from drowning in a well in Sangamner
- Mumbai Diary: Saturday Dossier
- See Photos: Army dogs, horses beat police troops at asanas on International Yoga Day
- Eight times when Nita Ambani showed how to slay the traditional look
- Mumbai crime: Bank officials foil ATM skimming gang's fraud bid
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Mumbai building collapse claims 5 lives