Man arrested in Assam's Nagaon for his involvement in Guwahati blast
In the grenade blast that took place at 8 pm on May 15, 12 people were injured when two unknown bike-borne lobbed a grenade on the state police troops and fled from the spot
Nagaon (Assam): A man has been arrested on Friday for his alleged involvement in the grenade blast near the Guwahati Central shopping mall on May 15, the police said.
"One Indra Mohan Bora has been picked up by Nagaon police on Friday in relation with grenade lobbing incident in Guwahati. It has been found that he visited the spot and did a recee. He also confessed to being in touch with some ULFA leaders through social media," said Shankar Brata Raimedhi, Superintendent of Police, Nagaon.
"He was also in charge of certain recruitment activities in Nagaon. His interrogation is going on. We are in touch with Guwahati Police and we are looking at all aspects regarding this investigation," he added.
On May 16, the police arrested ULFA leader Pranamoy Rajguru and a TV actress Jahnabi Saikia and recovered explosive materials in huge quantity from their possession in connection with the grenade blast in which 12 people, including two SSB personnel, were injured.
In the grenade blast that took place at 8 pm on May 15, 12 people were injured when two unknown bike-borne lobbed a grenade on the state police troops and fled from the spot.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- TV actor claims cops brutally thrashed him and minor brother all night
- Man creates fake 'sex chat' profiles after losing housing society poll
- Angry after his wedding is called off, man stabs aunt in Andheri, held
- Mumbai Crime: Private firm's housekeeper films co-worker changing, held
- Water supply: Down to 13 percent, Mumbai is running on reserve
- Mumbai Crime: Senior citizen thrashed for feeding strays in Andheri
- Tanushree Dutta's lawyer: Cops speaking to those who know nothing
- Forest department asked to probe snake rescuer's death in Sewri
- Denied permission to protest, those against reservation cry foul
- Dhule woman's death: State orders probe
- Borewells at Cross Maidan become latest Mumbai Metro victims
- Nishtha Dudeja: The Haryana girl who won Miss Deaf Asia 2018 crown
- Aarohi Pandit: Mumbai girl is world's first to cross Atlantic Ocean
- These photos of politicians working out will give you fitness goals!
- The king is dead, long live the mantri
- mid day editorial: A warning for those who fight for justice
- Internet legend Grumpy Cat passes away
- Grumpy Cat passes away: Twitter mourns death of internet's favourite cat
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Mumbai ATS arrests militant involved in 2011 blasts