Man dies after bricks fall on him in Muzaffarnagar
The deceased, Randhir Singh, was sitting in his balcony when the bricks fell on him
Muzaffarnagar: A 60-year-old man died in Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh after loose bricks fell on him from a parapet on which monkeys were fighting, police said Wednesday. The deceased, Randhir Singh, was sitting in his balcony when the bricks fell on him. He was taken to a hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Body of 28-year-old woman found near UP highway
Muzaffarnagar: A body of a 28-year-old woman with bullet wounds was found near a highway in Satheri village here, police said on Wednesday. The body was recovered by a team of the Ratenpuri police station and sent for post mortem on Tuesday, Circle Officer Vijay Kumar Singh said. There were bullet wounds on the head of the woman, he said. The matter is being investigated and it seems, she was killed somewhere else, the circle officer said.
Elderly man commits suicide by jumping in front of train in Shamli
Muzaffarnagar: A 65-year-old man allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a moving train in Uttar Pradesh's Shamli district. The incident occurred on Sunday near the Balwa Kheri village under Kotwali police station. There were no reports of train services being affected on the route, Circle Officer Ashok Kumar Pankej said. The deceased, identified as Prahlad Singh of Rasulpur village, was mentally ill, his son Mahek Singh told police. However, the exact cause behind the alleged suicide is being ascertained, Pankej said. In another incident in Shamli district, a 26-year-old man tried to commit suicide on Sunday by hanging himself from a ceiling fan in his room but his wife foiled the attempt, he said. Pankaj Kumar suffered serious injuries while attempting suicide and was rushed to a hospital, the officer added.
Stories of the day
- 'Signs of Virginity' to disappear from second year MBBS books
- Mumbai: Your bus stop will be announced in 3 languages, but not by conductor
- Tragedy does not recognise your religion, Bhopal insists
- BMC finds 'cockroach' dahi vada eatery in Colaba to be 'unhygienic'
- Digvijay Singh: My Sanatan dharma is for unity, theirs for division
- Real estate, vehicle sales pick up in Mumbai this Akshaya Tritiya
- Anand Dighe Pratishthan's website to be launched
- Mumbai: No shelter yet for 35 pets caged in Virar flat
- Chairman, trustees in battle over BPP's place in all-India Parsi body
- Mumbai Crime: IT employee hacks into colleague's bank details, steals Rs 3 lakh
- Mumbai: HC orders state to provide woman, boyfriend with security
- Mumbai: Show-cause notices to civic bodies over polluted rivers
- 79-year old woman from Pune lived her whole life without electricity
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Man dies after falling into pit in Mayur Vihar Phase 3 area