Man drinks poison after his wife dies of snakebite
In a tragic incident a man committed suicide after his wife died of a snake bite in Ulhasnagar. The couple worked as labourers at a construction site and the woman was allegedly bitten 15 days back
In a tragic incident a man committed suicide after his wife died of a snake bite in Ulhasnagar. The couple worked as labourers at a construction site and the woman was allegedly bitten 15 days back. As per reports by the Indian Express, the man could not take his wife to the hospital in time and she eventually died. The man, on returning after performing her last rights attempted to commit suicide and was rushed to Central Civil hospital, where he was declared dead.
An officers from Hill Line police station said, “He ingested some poisonous chemical. Even though he was brought to the hospital in a semi-conscious state, he was declared dead soon after.” As per the police, the man’s wife died of a snakebite on January 13. An officer privy to the investigation said, “They had been living at the site where they were working. On the night of January 12, the man’s wife was bitten by a venomous snake. While the man realised it the next morning, he did not have any money to take her to a hospital. By the time he managed to take her to the civil hospital, she had passed away,” After his wife’s death, the man went to their native place to perform her last rights. A worker at the construction site said, “He returned after performing her last rites. But he had not been working and seemed unwell.
On January 28, we asked him to go and sleep in his hut. But when he didn’t emerge after many hours, we went to check on him and found him in a bad condition.” The Hill Line police station have registered a case of accidental death
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Prime Minister Narendra Modi lauds ISRO for Chandrayaan 2