Man stabbed by wife's family for marrying her, maligning their family name
Police said that the man was stabbed by six persons, including two women, and a video of the incident has gone viral on social media
A 21-year-old newly married man was allegedly attacked by his wife's family on Sunday in Hyderabad. Police said that the man was stabbed by six persons, including two women, and a video of the incident has gone viral on social media.
According to India Today, the victim had married a 19-year-old girl without asking for permission from her family. The couple got married on June 5 after which the woman left her home and did not return.
The woman's family later filed a missing complaint with the police. Meanwhile, the couple came to the police and informed about their marriage. Following this, the parents and some relatives were asked to come to the police station and counselled.
The attack took place after the couple and their family left the police station.
As per the police, the wife's family allegedly dragged out the man from his vehicle and stabbed, while the two women thrashed his mother and wife, before fleeing from the spot.
Passers-by had recorded the video of the attack and it had gone viral on the social media. Police said the man was out of danger.
Also Read: Woman stabs 60-year old man, chops body
They said five knives were seized from the accused and that a hunt was on to nab two others, who are absconding.
Top stories of the day
- The Dutch mystery: Man wanted is on temple run in Maharashtra
- Win Rs 10,000 if you find the truck that dumped this debris in south Mumbai
- Mumbai Crime: Man rapes teenage girl in Bandra, blackmails her with video
- Mumbai: Banned newspaper is still vendors' first choice for serving food
- Meet Vasai's traffic stoppers who are being the change they wish to see
- Mumbai Crime: Chain-snatchers' new modus ends at police station lock-up
- Mumbai: Chain-snatching cases drop but recovery still poor
- Thane Municipal Corporation unprepared for monsoon, says social activist
- Mumbai: Bad roads this year, too at Aarey Colony
- Mumbai on alert in wake of cyclone Vayu: Disaster Management Department
- For non-SSC students, internal marks won't count
- Shiv Sena, BJP start bickering over CM's post, seat-sharing
- Ujjwala Raut: Here's what the 41 year old supermodel of the 90s is doing now
- Worst crimes: These monstrous mothers murdered their children!
- Amruta Fadnavis wows with her soulful performance in Los Angeles
- These famous schools, colleges are also popular for Bollywood shoots
- Narendra Modi shares a hearty laugh with Sri Lanka President
- Bollywood celebs you probably don't know are related
- Do you know Tamannaah Bhatia made her Bollywood debut at age 15?
- When Shahid Kapoor went out of his way to help his on-screen sister-in-law
- Saif Ali Khan feels bad when he reaches home and finds Taimur asleep
- Here's how Shahid Kapoor transformed for Kabir Singh
- Malaika Arora and Tara Sutaria's Bandra outing is all things casual
- World Cup 2019: Team India watch Salman Khan's new movie Bharat
- World Cup 2019: Warm-up win vs India doesn't mean Kiwis are are hot!
- World Cup 2019: Steve Waugh compares Hardik Pandya with Lance Klusener
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Man kills 14 family members, commits suicide in Thane