Man stabs neighbour to death over spilled water in Delhi
The incident occurred in Mahipalpur on Thursday at around 7.50 p.m. in Rangpuri Pahadi
New Delhi: A woman identified as Rekha was stabbed to death in New Delhi by her neighbour after she objected to him spilling water outside her home, police said on Friday. The incident occurred in Mahipalpur on Thursday at around 7.50 p.m. in Rangpuri Pahadi.
DCP Devender Arya said, "The accused identified as Gopal was arrested from Mahipalpur soon after he killed Rekha. She was rushed to the AIIMS Trauma centre where the doctors declared her brought dead. She had multiple stab injuries."
In April 2019, A woman was seriously injured after being stabbed allegedly by her husband, police said on Saturday. SHO Santosh Kumar Singh said the father of the woman filed a complaint with the police alleging that his daughter was attacked with a knife by her husband, a police constable who was suspended from the service recently, over a family dispute.
Munish Chahal had gone to the house of in-laws and attacked the wife there on Friday, he added. Subsequently, a case was registered against Chahal and he has been arrested, Singh said. The woman is undergoing treatment at a hospital, the SHO said.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai: Global Hospital may lose licence for turning away poor patients
- Mumbai: Goons assault cine firm President for being refused Rs 50 lakh
- Dombivli: Man assaults TCs at Kopar railway station
- Mumbai: Wadala police to finally move out of crumbling station
- Mumbai: BMC chief grants Rs 100-crore relief to loss-making BEST
- Pune school teacher held for abusing girls under pretext of 'punishment'
- Worls Hypertension Day: Hypertension cases in Maharashtra rise by 25 percent in 2018
- Mumbai: Killer gets furlough, Keenan Santos-Reuben Fernandes' kin live in fear
- Man lends mobile to woman, molests her when she returns it in Pune
- CSMT bridge collapse: BMC's detailed bridge report a damp squib
- Cambridge 2019 results: 17 percent rise in entries
- 'Historic' HC order allows stranded sailors to leave Tag Navya ship
- Learn nature photography with BNHS CEC in Goregaon
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Worst Crime: Man strips, stabs sister-in-law to death after an affair with her