Man, two women tied to tree, thrashed on suspicion of eloping
The villagers claim that the step was taken after the man allegedly eloped with a married woman
Dhar (MP): In what can be called as a shocking incident, villagers tied a man and two of his female relatives, including a minor, to a tree and thrashed mercilessly. The villagers claim that the step was taken after the man allegedly eloped with a married woman.
The alleged incident took place in Arjun colony area of Dhar district on Wednesday, said police on Thursday. The incident was even recorded on a video by a villager. The video showed that one of the women tied to the tree and being caned by another woman. Later, another person confronts the man who is tied to the tree and canes him and the other woman as well.
A large number of people, including women and children, were seen watching the whole incident. Many of the onlookers even recorded the incident on their cell phones, but no one came to the rescue of the victims.
Speaking to media here, chief superintendent of police (CSP) Sanjeev Mule said, "A woman was missing from the colony and report of it was registered earlier. Some people of the area had suspicion over the victim that he had helped the missing woman flee, owing to which the incident occurred. Legal action is being taken. We have arrested five accused and have registered a case under relevant sections. More arrests will be made soon."
In another case, Wife and in-laws allegedly killed her 31-year-old husband over a family dispute in neighbouring shamli district. After committing the crime, the accused dumped the dead body in a drain.
Police claim that the victim Harish was killed on Wednesday in Khedi Karmu village under Kotwali police station area in the district.
Station House Officer (SHO) Subhash Rathore said that a case of murder has been registered against four persons and the victim's wife Shivani along with a relative Shivam was arrested.
According to a complaint lodged by the deceased's mother, Harish had gone to his in-law's house in the village to attend a wedding function where he was killed by the four accused after a confrontation over a family dispute.
After committing the crime, the accused dumped the body in a drain. The complainant has named Shivani, her brother Mohit, her mother Anju and a relative Shivam as the four accused in the crime.
(With Inputs from ANI)
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Aditya Pancholi claims he was threatened with a rape case, submits video
- Mumbai: Kids show how to sort out Vile Parle's traffic woes
- Mumbai: BPO firm asked to pay Rs 2.62 crore or face recovery proceedings
- Mumbai: Narrow approach stalls Jogeshwari project
- Pune: Honest janitor returns mangalsutra worth Rs 2 lakh
- Deven Bharti is new ATS chief, Maharashtra
- Mumbai: HC refuses to vacate stay on BMC's Tree Authority
- Medicine shortage: BMC blacklists rogue supplier
- Dadar's Chitra Cinema to shut down; SOTY 2 to be its last day last show
- Nick Barnes: Power to humiliate has increased dramatically
- Action should follow new BMC chief's promises
- Ramona Narang: The transformation of high society's once wild child
- Aranya Johar: The 20-year-old poet who is taking the internet by storm
- A walk through Mohammed Ali Road's Khau Galli
- Interesting facts about the Holy Month of Ramzan
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
71-year-old Sikh man kicked and thrashed by two