Minor mauled to death by stray dogs, authorities pressed into action
Seven-year-old Devika was going to her father Bhupsingh with food when she was attacked by the dogs. The incident took place only a few miles away from her house
Gram panchayat, forest department as well as tehsil officials were pressed into action after a pack of stray dogs in Barsana town here mauled a seven-year-old girl to death on Sunday.
Speaking to ANI, Ashok Kumar Meena, SP Crime, said, "Gram panchayat, forest dept and tehsil have been directed to catch the stray dogs. All pradhans and villagers have been asked not to leave their kids alone."
However, Kalicharan, the village chief, informed that no administrative officer has come to investigate the matter yet.
Seven-year-old Devika was going to her father Bhupsingh with food when she was attacked by the dogs. The incident took place only a few miles away from her house.
The dogs had already killed the minor girl by the time villagers arrived at the site. The girl was found after a few children passing by the same route saw half a dozen dogs devour over a body on the way.
January 7, 2019: A child was mauled to death by stray dogs in Chimyawali village on Sunday, amid the growing menace of wild canines in the region. Locals allege that there have been multiple attacks by dogs in the recent past.
In November 2018, at least 26 people were attacked by a stray dog in Rampur district of Uttar Pradesh.
July 2018: A 50-year-old woman was allegedly mauled to death by more than half a dozen dogs while she was working at a farm near her house in Gaunria village of Kushinagar district.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Aditya Pancholi claims he was threatened with a rape case, submits video
- Mumbai: Kids show how to sort out Vile Parle's traffic woes
- Mumbai: BPO firm asked to pay Rs 2.62 crore or face recovery proceedings
- Mumbai: Narrow approach stalls Jogeshwari project
- Pune: Honest janitor returns mangalsutra worth Rs 2 lakh
- Deven Bharti is new ATS chief, Maharashtra
- Mumbai: HC refuses to vacate stay on BMC's Tree Authority
- Medicine shortage: BMC blacklists rogue supplier
- Dadar's Chitra Cinema to shut down; SOTY 2 to be its last day last show
- Nick Barnes: Power to humiliate has increased dramatically
- Action should follow new BMC chief's promises
- Ramona Narang: The transformation of high society's once wild child
- Aranya Johar: The 20-year-old poet who is taking the internet by storm
- A walk through Mohammed Ali Road's Khau Galli
- Interesting facts about the Holy Month of Ramzan
Edited by mid-day online desk with inputs from Agencies
Street dogs maul kid to death