Mishap averted at Manmad, train halted after wheel damage
The rail traffic towards Mumbai was also affected briefly due to the incident
Manmad: A major mishap was averted in Manmad during early hours of Sunday after one of the wheels of the last bogie of a holiday special train was found to be damaged. No passenger was injured in the incident. The train had originated from Bihar's Barauni and was headed towards Mumbai.
PRO of the Central Railways said, "After a delay of a couple of hours, the train was allowed to proceed on the scheduled route, however, the last two bogies of the train were detached for repair."
The rail traffic towards Mumbai was also affected briefly due to the incident.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: When corridors of learning turn into passages of discrimination
- Pune: 21-year-old MBBS student commits suicide
- Raise taxi rates from Rs 22 to Rs 30 or face strike, say Mumbai cab drivers
- With 60 tigers, conflict ahead for Brahmapuri?
- Shivaji Park to get coloured chips instead of paint on its boundary wall
- Narendra Dabholkar accused in CBI custody till June 4
- Bombay HC prioritises mental health of litigants
- Mumbai: New education policy to focus on individual
- Mumbai Crime: Man killed by mob in BKC; seven arrested in case
- 67-year-old Mumbai resident makes water from thin air
- Soon, you can drink out of Mumbai's restored pyaavs
- Art Deco's forgotten hero
- Mumbai event: Watch screening of Sujata, Bandini at Peddar Road
- Mumbai Food: Try these tried-and-tested food trail in the city for Ramzan
- The 'other' Anglo women of the Raj
- Mumbai's dabbawalas face fear of extinction
- A tale about handsome Mumbai siblings
- Nutritionist and home baker give cheese a vegan spin
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Salman Khan in legal trouble yet again?