Missing youth's body fished out of creek

Jun 28, 2012, 06:37 IST | Sujeet Yadav

The 25-yr-old had gone missing soon after a heated argument with the family of his paramour; his body was found at Bhayander creek four days later

A 25-year-old man, who went missing from his Sai Baba Nagar residence in Borivli on June 11, was found dead at Bhayander-Naigaon creek four days later. The deceased’s family has since registered a complaint against his lover and her family.

Mysterious death: Tushar Seth’s decomposed body was found at Bhayander creek on June 15

Rahul Seth (32), brother of the deceased, Tushar Seth, alleged in his statement to the police that his brother had been in a relationship with a girl named Priya (name changed) since 2008. They had done a court marriage in Bandra in March 2008, which the girl’s family was unaware of, until the girl’s uncle spotted her with Tushar in June this year.

On June 10, Priya’s uncle told her parents about what he had seen. The next day, the girl’s family went to Seth’s house and told his family members to forget everything about her, as they had fixed her marriage with someone else. Seth, who was also present at the time, went outside in anger at around 5.30 pm. At 6 pm Priya’s family threatened the Seths and left their house.

The Valiyu Police from Naigaon found Tushar’s body in Bhayander creek and released his sketch at the police station. It was then that they found that he had been reported missing from Borivli. His family was informed about his death on June 20.

Ravi Adane, police inspector of Borivli police station said, “We have registered a complaint after taking the statement of the deceased’s brother, and are investigating the case.”

“We found the decomposed body on June 15 at Bhayander creek, which we buried after conducting the post mortem. After the intervention of Borivli police, the body was exhumed on June 21 for the family to perform the last rites,” said Sudip Tardhi from Valiyu Police station.

He further said, “We found a mobile phone, and through the SIM card we found that it was registered in the name of Tushar’s brother, Rahul. The phone company traced the address and we informed the family subsequently.”

“He had called me on June 12, and told me that he would be home in 15 minutes. When I asked him why he hadn’t come home the previous night, he didn’t answer. Later, he called me again informing that he would come home,” said Reshma, Tushar’s sister-in-law. She further said, “I called him again in the evening, but his mobile was switched off. We filed a missing person’s complaint the next morning.”  

Go to top