Molestation on New Year's eve: Cops yet to nab any of the three accused

Jan 03, 2014, 12:19 IST | Priyankka Deshpande

Returned empty-handed after they went to arrest Tulajaram Shinde, one of the accused, from his residence, as it was locked and his mobile number was untraceable; Zone IV DCP feels Shinde has fled city, assures arrests soon

A DAY after MiD DAY reported on how three women, including a German national, were molested by a trio outside a posh club on NIBM Road on the New Year’s Eve, the police are yet to arrest any of the three accused. 

MiD DAY report on the molestation on January 2. The incident had occurred on New Year’s Eve. FILE PIC

The police let off Tulajaram Vinayak Shinde, one of the accused, who was brought to the Kondhwa police station the same night of the incident after a mere warning.

It was after the MiD DAY took up the issue with the Kondhwa Police that the NC (non-cognisable) against the trio was converted into an FIR yesterday evening.

“I had sent my team to arrest the accused. But when it went to nab Tulajaram Vinayak Shinde, one of the suspects, the house was locked and his mobile number was untraceable,” Inspector Pandharinath Madhare of the Kondhwa police station said.

Shinde and his two friends passed lewd remarks at the three women, groped and tried to kiss to them.

The trio even assaulted German woman’s male colleague for trying to stop them. Mandhare said once Shinde was in custody, it would become easy for them to trace the other two accused.

“I assure that the culprits would be behind bars within next 24 hours,” he said.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone IV) Manoj Patil said the police teams were sent to arrest Shinde, but it appears that he has fled the city.

Patil assured that the suspects would be arrested soon, adding that the names of other two accuse would be revealed once Shinde is nabbed.

‘Will fight’
Complainant Vishal Jadhav (name changed) said he was disappointed the manner in which the investigation was progressing.

“Despite my wife and me giving statements, nothing concrete has happened since I lodged the compliant on Wednesday night. My German and other Indian friend, who was also molested, are going back to Germany next week. But my wife and me have decided to fight until we all get justice,” Vishal said.


Go to top