Mumbai Crime: Cops nab man with Rs 10 lakh worth cannabis in Malad
During a search conducted, the officials recovered 5.1 kg cannabis from the accused's possession which was worth Rs 10.34 lakh in the international market
The Malvani police today have managed to catch a 35-year-old person with 5.17 kg Cannabis worth around Rs 10.34 lakh.
According to police sources, based on a tip-off received by Police Inspector Manoj Limkar, the crime detection department's team official, police sub-inspector Hassan Mulani and sub-inspector Bagav laid a trap and caught the accused at Laghun road, near Zunka Bhakar Kendra Kaccha road at gate no 5.
During a search conducted, the officials recovered 5.1 kg cannabis from the accused's possession which was worth Rs 10.34 lakh in the international market. Upon further investigating the matter, it was revealed the accused, identified as Mursalim Sidiqullah Shaikh, (35), recovered cannabis and wanted to sell it in the area. He has been arrested under Section 8 (A) of 20 NDPS Act, 1985. The accused would be produced before the court, said an official. " We are checking if the accused had any criminal cases filed against him in the past," the official added.
Top News stories of the day
- Mumbai: Derailment at Kurla disrupts Central Railway train services
- Mumbai crime: Popular salon stylist groped me, says actress
- Mumbai: Behind PG medico's suicide, constant barbs in WhatsApp groups
- Blood banks that don't update stock status will lose licence
- Mumbai: 50-year-old critically injured in Jogeshwari gas explosion dies
- Narendra Modi visits mother Heeraben in Gandhinagar, seeks blessings
- Mumbai crime: FIR registered in Anurag Kashyap's tweet plaint
- Mumbai: Vikhroli Metro station to tower over EEH, JVLR
- Narendra Dabholkar murder: 'Defence lawyer's clerk arrested from Thane'
- Super volatile all this while
- Mumbai: Civic body to find out if parking under open spaces is possible
- Mumbai crime: Two fake cops trying to loot senior citizen arrested
- Mumbai: Western Railway's third AC local will roll out in December
- Daawat to dine
- A Himalayan feast
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe