Mumbai food: 5 unusual sandwiches you must try in the city
Sandwiches are on-the-go food items that can be packed with a variety of delicious and unique fillings to give it a new look and different taste. We look at 5 variants of sandwiches
Sandwiches are one of those on-the-go foods that can be packed with a variety of ingredients to give it a different taste. A sandwich is also an integral part of Mumbai’s culinary map. From regular to extremely innovative, Mumbai offers a plethora of sandwich variants. If you are game for innovative foods, then here are five not so common sandwiches that you must try.
1. Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich: This Deli version is one of America’s favourite. The sandwich is soaked into pancake batter and fried until golden brown and served.
Where: Across all Indigo Delicatessen outlets
Afghani chicken sandwich. Pic courtesy/YouTube
2. Chicken Afghani Sandwich: This is one of those rare sandwiches in Mumbai that give you a completely different experience of the common on-the-go food. A generous portion of minced boiled chicken is sandwiched between multi-grain pieces of bread and served with pepper and spring onion seasoned yoghurt dip. It is healthy, delicious and is best enjoyed during breakfast and as an evening snack.
Where: Eat Around the Corner, 24th & 30th Road Junction, Opposite St Theresa's Boys High School, TPS III, Pali Hill, Bandra West
3. Bavarian ham and cheese sandwich: Cheese grilled brown bread topped with thin bacon slices and served in a rich brown stock is a treat for meat lovers. This sandwich may not look all that tempting, but it is definitely worth a try!
Where: Across all Imbiss outlets in Mumbai
Pineapple sandwich. Pic courtesy/YouTube
4. Pineapple Cheese Sandwich: A rare mix of sweet and sour ingredients makes a heavenly pair when sandwiched between slices of bread. This is what the Pineapple Cheese Sandwich at Sandwizzaa is about. Say cheeeese!
Where: Across all outlets at Sandwizzaa
Chocolate sandwich. Pic courtesy/YouTube
5. Chocolate Sandwich: A plate of a gooey chocolate sandwich is hard to resist. But imagine a plate with oodles of chocolate stuffed between slices of bread with streaks of melted chocolate sprinkled on top, it's an option worth exploring.
Where: Gupta Chat Centre, Shop 3 & 4, LBS Market, Near Matunga Station, Matunga East