Mumbai: Helium cylinder explodes, kills 20-year-old balloon seller

Updated: Nov 09, 2015, 09:10 IST | Samiullah Khan |

A 20-year-old balloon seller died after a helium gas cylinder exploded in Malwani last night. The incident occurred at a time when the victim was refilling the cylinder

A 20-year-old balloon seller died after a helium gas cylinder exploded in Malwani last night.

The incident occurred at a time when Manish Awsare was refilling the cylinder, said an officer from Malwani police station.

Manish and his father Mahadev had gone to blow balloons at an engagement ceremony at a lounge near Daana Pani beach in Malad West.

Sources from Malwani police station said, Manish accidentally overfilled the cylinder because he could not check the pressure due to a malfunctioned metre.

This resulted in a leakage, following which the cylinder exploded. Manish sustained burn injuries to his face and chest.

Soon after the accident, Manish was rushed to the Atlantic Hospital. He was later shifted to Shatabdi Hospital, where he was declared dead.

The deceased used to reside at Bhagat Singh Nagar in Goregaon West with his parents.

On the basis of primary investigation, Malwani Police have registered an Accidental Death Report (ADR) and are probing the case further.

Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.com

Subscribe
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK