Mumbai: Lizard in curry lands entire family in hospital

Updated: Nov 29, 2017, 17:02 IST | Samiullah Khan | Mumbai

Malwani family was eating leftovers for breakfast when they noticed the dead lizard in the vessel

Eight members of a family fell violently ill when they discovered a lizard in their morning breakfast. Six of the victims are children, aged around seven to one. All have been admitted in Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital and are now in stable condition. Rukhsana Khatoon, 30, Ishrat Khatoon, 25, Faisal Rahman, 7, Amir, 5, Aman, 4, Atifa, 3, Abdur Rahman, 5, Sabina, 1, and a six-month-old baby are all residents of Malwani, Malad West.

The lizard found in the fish curry
The lizard found in the fish curry

Also Read: Mumbai: Lizard In Palak Paneer Makes Five Violently Ill

Rukhsana's husband Ibadur Rahman said, "My wife had cooked fish on Sunday night and while the family was eating it for breakfast, they noticed something unusual in the pot. When my wife picked it up, she was shocked to see that it was a lizard. Suddenly, they all started vomiting."

The family in hospital
The family in hospital

He added, "My wife had come to Mumbai a month ago to visit her sister Ishrat in Malwani. Thankfully the family is in stable condition now." "All the patients were admitted to the hospital and are under observation. They are all out of danger," a doctor attending to the victims said.

Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.com

Subscribe
Loading...

Maharashtra Elections 2019: Pankaja Munde and Dhananjay Munde battle it out for Parli

NEXT STORY
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK