Mumbai: Technical glitch at Goregaon disrupts train services; normalcy restored
The glitch was restored at 7:50 am, but services got delayed during the rush hour. Normal services were later restored
Western Railways services were hit in the rush hours of Wednesday morning following a glitch near Goregaon station. The glitch was in signalling and it occurred at 7:05 am which inconvenienced commuters travelling.
The glitch was restored at 7:50 am but there was a delay in services for some time. Normalcy was restored and services are as per schedule according to Ravindra Bhaker, CPRO, Western Railway.
Western Railways posted the incident details on their Twitter handle.
Due to technical glitch in signalling at Goregaon at 7.05 am, train movement was affected. It has been restored at 07.50 am. Trains will be delayed for some time due to this. Inconvenienceiis deeply regretted. @drmbct— Western Railway (@WesternRly) May 22, 2019
Western Railways took to Twitter and wrote, "Due to a technical glitch in signalling at Goregaon at 7.05 am, train movement was affected. It has been restored at 07.50 am. Trains will be delayed for some time due to this. Inconvenience is deeply regretted. #Mumbai."
Several commuters took to Twitter to express their anger.
@PiyushGoyal @WesternRly Technical signal failure at Goregaon railway station. All trains running late. Massive crowds at Malad station. Inconvenience for all your voters. Kindly look into this matter and resolve it ASAP. #WesternRailway #MumbaiLocal pic.twitter.com/ijjyTnBQis— Watana Khatana (@WatanaKhatana) May 22, 2019
@drmbct as per railway announcement at Goregaon station just now, no trains to depart from platform no. 4. But still I have seen at least 4 locals depart from the platform. So why lie to passengers?— Kaillash K Sharma (@kaillashtweets) May 22, 2019
Due to technical fault in Goregaon @WesternRly Route all slow and fast train are running more than 45 minutes let, but allowance at all stations for train let that trains are 10 to 15 minutes let. It’s a false allowances at stations ðÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ¢— Pankaj Upadhyay (@_Upadhyay) May 22, 2019
More than 14 trains were running behind their schedule. The services are delayed by 20-30 minutes. All the trains are halting at all the stops between Andheri and Borivli be it fast or slow.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai cops land in LOC to search man who sent a pornographic video on WhatsApp
- mid-day test drive: Mumbai streets are alive with the danger of cylinders
- Mumbai: Priest dies of shock after seeing truck run over boy at Sion-Koliwada
- Mumbai: Snakes frequenting posh Malabar Hill Society scare residents
- Dead man's case files go missing from JJ Hospital
- Mumbai: 23 BMM students of Khalsa college stranded in final year
- Shiv Sena may get Dy CM post soon
- Thane police crack Vajreshwari temple theft, nab five
- Mumbai: Rape accused flees from cops through hospital toilet in Versova
- BJP in Mumbai North to keep 3,000 laddoos, pedas ready for Thursday
- Tushar Gandhi: To drag Bapu in was strategically planned
- Mumbai Mahila Congress seeks FIR against Vivek Oberoi for insulting women's modesty
- Court quashes sexual assault FIR against actor Jeetendra filed by cousin
- TikTok Celebrity Mohit Mor shot dead; act captured on CCTV
- Poonam Mahajan: Unseen family photos of Pramod Mahajan's daughter
- Elections 2019: Popular politicians and key battles in Mumbai
- Mumbai tour operators cancel travel plans to save the fireflies
- These photos of Milind Deora with wife Pooja and family are precious
Edited by mid-day online desk with inputs from Agencies
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Mumbai rains: Local train services resume, city still on high-alert