Mumbai: Man from Virar who consumed poison dies
A man from Virar who consumed poison on January 20 on Monday died at a hospital in Mumbai, police said
A man from Virar who consumed poison on January 20 on Monday died at a hospital in Mumbai, police said. The deceased has been identified as Amit Jha, District Superintendent of Police Majunath Shinge was quoted as saying in an official release.
Jha is the brother of Vikas Jha, who had tried to set himself ablaze in November last year inside the office of a Deputy Superintendent of Police, a police officer said. Vikas Jha had also tried to set the Deputy Superintendent of Police on fire, the officer said.
Amit Jha had alleged that police did not take any action in the case involving his brother and hence consumed poison, the officer said.
Catch up on all the latest Mumbai, National and International news here
The content/reporting displayed on our website www.mid-day.com is provided "AS-IS," "AS AVAILABLE, by us from third party, agencies, sources, without any verification from our side. It may contain error, bugs and other limitations. The reader's can rely on the content at their own will. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability, data, text, images, video, messages, or any other material whatsoever or for any claims/loss/action that the reader may suffer as a result of relying on the content on our site. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Mumbai: Man dies after speeding auto rickshaw rams into bus in Ghatkopar