Mumbai: Man travelling on roof of train dies of electrocution at Ghatkopar
Services on the south-bound route towards Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus were brought to a halt.
An unidentified man who was travelling on the roof of a train died of electrocution at suburban Ghatkopar station on the Central line on Friday night, a railway official said. "A rooftop traveller electrocuted at Ghatkopar station. He came in contact with high voltage OHE wire and burnt severely," Shivaji Sutar, Central Railway's Chief Public Relations Officer said.
The incident took place around 9:25 pm. Later, station master and staff shifted him to Rajawadi Hospital for treatment where he was declared dead by doctors.
Following the incident, services on the south-bound route towards Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus were brought to a halt for a while.
Catch up on all the latest Mumbai news, crime news, current affairs, and also a complete guide on Mumbai from food to things to do and events across the city here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates
This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe