Mumbai: Fire officials suffer serious burns trying to save crow
Three fire officials who went to rescue a crow tangled in an overhead line near Mumbai Central Railway station suffered severe injuries when they received an electric shock
Three fire officials who went to rescue a crow tangled in an overhead line near Mumbai Central Railway station suffered severe injuries when they received an electric shock.
The accident took place on Saturday, at around 9 pm, near the Tulsiwadi area which touches the railway line between Mahalaxmi and Mumbai central railway station.
“At around 8 pm we informed the fire control room that a crow had been tangled in the overhead railway wire line. Three officers reached the spot to rescue it but unfortunately while they were saving the bird, a fire broke at the bottom of the electric pole. We rushed the officers to Nair hospital, which is the nearest,” said Arun Dudhwadkar, local corporator.
After the arrival of a senior fire officer, all three fire workers were shifted to Wockhardt hospital, Mumbai Central. The hospital refused to issue any the statement regarding medical condition of all three workers.
Speaking to mid-day, chief fire Officer P Rahangdale said, “All three officers have been admitted in the emergency ward of Wockhardt Hospital and they have got severe burn injury.”
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Maharashtra Assembly Elections: Sachin Tendulkar, Deepika Padukone and others urge people to vote