Mumbai: Six-year-old boy in Virar suffers 60 per cent burns after touching live wire

Updated: Feb 19, 2020, 13:44 IST | mid-day online correspondent | Mumbai

The boy was later shifted to Sion hospital

This picture has been used for representation purpose
This picture has been used for representation purpose

A six-year-old in Virar suffered 60 per cent burns after coming in contact with a live wire in his society. Anish Mourya was trying to retrieve his ball from a roof on Tuesday, a Times of India report read.

Anish was playing on the first floor of the common balcony of Gangai building, when the ball landed on a shade of the shop below. While retrieving his ball from the shade, Anish came in contact with the live wire. He was then rushed to a nearby hospital and later shifted to Sion hospital.

Catch up on all the latest Mumbai news, crime news, current affairs, and also a complete guide on Mumbai from food to things to do and events across the city here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates

Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.com

Subscribe
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK