Mumbai travel: Late afternoon Forest Walk to Shilonda
These walks are designed in such a way that they will culminate on the Kanheri hills and offer the participants panoramic views of the 'city-forest' scape
Keeping in mind the early sunrises, hot daytime temperatures, and late sunsets, Sanjay Gandhi National Park in Borivli, Mumbai has initiated guided nature treks starting late in the afternoon and culminating in the evening.
The trail starts as the air gets cooler and as birds and other animals go into a frenzy of activity before winding up their daily schedules and settling for the night. While the diurnal life forms wind themselves up, the nocturnal animals are about to begin their shifts and that adds to the fun as well.
These walks are designed in such a way that they will culminate on the Kanheri hills and offer the participants panoramic views of the 'city-forest' scape. SGNP's naturalists will further enhance the experience with interesting sightings as well as bits and pieces of natural history and nature information. Participants can get their own supply of cool lemonade or hot tea and coffee (in a thermos flask) as sun-downers.
Venue: Nature Information Centre.
Date: Sunday, 26 May 2019
Age Group: Open for All.
- 03.30 PM - Assemble at the Nature Information Center, SGNP for registrations.
- 04.00 PM - Depart to the forest in SGNP vehicle.
- 04.15 PM - Start walking for nature trail.
- 06.30 PM - Depart from SGNP in SGNP vehicle.
Charges: Rs 550 per participant.
Charges inclusive of Nature Trail fees, Internal Transport, Naturalist Charges.
Charges don't include the main gate entry fee to SGNP.
- Wear proper walking shoes. No sandals or slippers, please.
- Carry an ample amount of water for yourself.
- Cap or a hat is advisable in this season.
- Refrain carrying costly items (except cameras) and jewellery for the trek.
- A dry snack or an energy bar might be a great inclusion in your backpack
- Please register here: https://forms.gle/8Q69Qzzy1joZu3cx9
- Nature Information Center (NIC)
- Phone: 022-2886 8686
Top News Stories of the Day
- Mumbai crime: Gateman, kin thrash guard over parking of bike at station
- Mumbai crime: 65-yr-old held for visa fraud
- Mumbai crime: Sub-inspector put behind bars for raping, assaulting domestic help
- Vacation turns tragic as 3 from Mumbai drown
- BMC, traffic cops to crack down on roadside parking in flooding spots
- Mumbai crime: Cop arrests escaping drug addict in a 100-metre dash
- Teachers fear delay in new textbooks for std XI
- Man from Mumbra arrested with 14 stolen phones, fake currency notes
- Narendra Modi offers prayers at Kedarnath and Badrinath temple
Catch up on all the latest Mumbai news, crime news, current affairs, and also a complete guide on Mumbai from food to things to do and events across the city here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates
International Sushi Day: Learn how to make mouthwatering Sushi at home from this Mumbai chef!