Mumbai: Woman hurt after high-voltage wire falls on houses in Bhandup
A high-voltage power wire fell on a slum at Bhandup West's Chandanwadi around 8am today, leaving one woman injured. Locals said they heard a huge blast when the incident happened
Roofs of houses were damaged after the wire fell on them and electronic equipment was burnt in the resulting short circuit at Chandanwadi, Bhandup, this morning. Pics/ Datta Kumbhar
A High-voltage power wire fell on a slum at Bhandup West's Chandanwadi around 8am today, leaving one woman injured. Locals said they heard a huge blast when the incident happened. Soon after the incident, the residents ran out of their houses to a safe place.
Speaking to mid-day, Bandu Thakrey, a resident of Chandanwadi said, "After the incident, the electricity got disconnected and our electronic equipments got badly damaged in the resulting short circuit. My fan and electric board got burnt due to the short circuit and now I have to either repair it or change it."
Abhimanyu Jadale, another resident, said, "We were inside the house when suddenly the wire fell and my fridge got damaged following a short circuit. The roof of my house, too, was broken due to the impact of the wire falling on it. There were around 15 families whose electronic equipment has been damaged in the incident."
DISCLAIMER: mid-day and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Woman saved from falling under a train in Mumbai