Murder victim was called to beach by mystery woman

May 08, 2012, 07:54 IST | Shiva Devnath

Investigations on to salvage call records from 30-yr-old's phone, after his body was found among the rocks in Manori beach on Sunday morning

After the body of a 30-year-old man was recovered from the rocks of the Manori beach on Sunday, Gorai cops have learnt that the victim was called to the spot by a woman on Saturday. Cops are now trying to determine the identity of this mystery woman.

The victim has been identified as Ramesh Dedhia, a resident of Malwani in Malad (West), where he stayed with his second wife.

Dedhia’s first wife also stays near his house.

Murder mystery: On recovering the body from the rocks in Manori beach, cops found stab wounds on the victim’s stomach. His head had also been smashed with a rock. Representation Pic

Around 8.30 am on Sunday, Gorai police were alerted by locals about the body of a man on the rocks at the beach near the Manori mosque.

On recovering the body from the spot, cops found stab wounds on the victim’s stomach.

His head had also been smashed with a rock by his assailant.

The police have sent the body for a post mortem to Bhagwati Hospital in Borivli (West), to determine the exact cause of his death.

Gorai police have registered a case of murder against the unidentified accused.

The victim’s mobile phone was also found near his body, using which his relatives were intimated of his demise.

Dedhia’s wife told the police that he was a share broker. He had called her on Saturday evening to tell her that he would not be coming home.

Investigations have revealed that the man had been playing cards with his business partners and other friends at Charkop in Kandivli on the night of his death.

Some other leads have also given cops reason to believe that Dedhia was a police informer.

“Dedhia’s partner has told us that he had got a call from a woman at 10 pm, while they were playing cards, after which he left,” said Manik Bakhare, senior police inspector of the Gorai police station.

“We have sent the phone for analysis to recover the call records, as the phone was found in a damaged condition,” added Bakhare. 

Go to top