Narendra Modi: I can't forgive Pragya for Godse 'deshbhakt' remark
Narendra Modi spoke to a TV channel during his last rally in Khargone just before the last phase of the Lok Sabha 2019 polls that her comments were detrimental to society
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that he will not forgive BJP candidate Pragya Singh Thakur for his insults at Mahatma Gandhi after he called the latter's assassin Nathuram Godse a true patriot. Narendra Modi spoke to a TV channel during his last rally in Khargone just before the last phase of the Lok Sabha 2019 polls that her comments were detrimental to society.
"Whatever has been said about Mahatma Gandhi or Nathuram Godse, these statements are very bad and worth contempt. In a cultured society, this type of language is not permissible. This type of thinking will not do. "Therefore, those who are doing this have to think a hundred times. Though she has apologised, I won't be able to pardon her with my heart," Narendra Modi said.
Earlier on Friday, the BJP president Amit Shah said that remarks made on Mahatma Gandhi's assassin by three BJP leaders - Thakur, Union Minister Anantkumar Hegde and Karnataka MP Nalin Kumar Kateel - were not keeping up with the party's ideologies.
Amit Shah further said that the party's disciplinary committee has asked them for an explanation in the next 10 days. During a roadshow in Madhya Pradesh Thursday, Thakur had said, Nathuram Godseji deshbhakt the, hai, aur rahenge unko aatankwadi kahne wale log swayam ki gireban me jhaank kar dekhe chunav mein aise logon ko jawab de diya jayega (Nathuram Godse was a patriot, is a patriot, and will remain a patriot and those who call him a terrorist should look within, they will get a reply in this election).
She was responding to a comment made by actor-turned-politician Kamal Haasan, who said Godse was the first Hindu extremist in independent India. The Malegaon blast accused later apologised for her statement.
Narendra Modi: I will never forgive Sadhvi Pragya for insulting Bapu
In another development Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur controversy involving Nathuram Godse, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said he will never forgive Sadhvi for insulting Mahatma Gandhi by calling Nathuram Godse a patriot. "The statements given about Gandhiji or Godse are very bad and are wrong for the society. Though she (Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur) apologised but I will never forgive her," Prime Minister Modi said in an interview with News24 TV channel.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai: Global Hospital may lose licence for turning away poor patients
- Mumbai: Goons assault cine firm President for being refused Rs 50 lakh
- Dombivli: Man assaults TCs at Kopar railway station
- Mumbai: Wadala police to finally move out of crumbling station
- Mumbai: BMC chief grants Rs 100-crore relief to loss-making BEST
- Pune school teacher held for abusing girls under pretext of 'punishment'
- Worls Hypertension Day: Hypertension cases in Maharashtra rise by 25 percent in 2018
- Mumbai: Killer gets furlough, Keenan Santos-Reuben Fernandes' kin live in fear
- Man lends mobile to woman, molests her when she returns it in Pune
- CSMT bridge collapse: BMC's detailed bridge report a damp squib
- Cambridge 2019 results: 17 percent rise in entries
- 'Historic' HC order allows stranded sailors to leave Tag Navya ship
- Learn nature photography with BNHS CEC in Goregaon
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe