Navi Mumbai: Seven-year-old girl electrocuted in Kalamboli CIDCO building

Published: Dec 16, 2019, 15:29 IST | mid-day online correspondent | Navi Mumbai

According to the police, the Class 2 student was walking ahead of her mother and brother while descending downstairs and she stepped on the live wire

This picture has been used for representational purposes.
This picture has been used for representational purposes.

A seven-year-old girl was electrocuted after stepping on a livewire fallen on the iron staircase in a KL-type two-storey CIDCO building in Sector 4E in Kalamboli on Saturday. The deceased, identified as  Arya Kodag was returning from a birthday party on the second floor with her mother and brother when she stepped on the live wire at around 7.30pm, The Times of India reported.

According to the police, the Class 2 student was walking ahead of her mother and brother while descending downstairs and she stepped on the live wire. Her mother and brother were unhurt. Kodag was then rushed to MGM Hospital in Kamothe where she died of her injuries at 8.45 pm.

The girl’s father works as a driver who drives a T- permit car. Her parents did not file a complaint with the police but filed an accidental death case and sought a report from the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited.

Catch up on all the latest Crime, National, International and Hatke news here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates

Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.com

Subscribe
loading image
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK