Navy rubbishes Pakistan's claim that it stopped Indian submarine
It did not have any movement in the said waters
INS Chennai, built by Mazgaon Dock Shipbuilders Limited, will soon be commissioned into the Indian Navy. Pic/AFP
New Delhi: Dubbing it as "blatant lies", the Navy yesterday denied the Pakistani Navy claim that it had prevented an Indian submarine from entering its territorial water.
"Indian Navy categorically denies the statement of Pakistani Navy as blatant lies," Navy spokesperson Captain D K Sharma said.
He added that the Indian Navy did not have any under water movement in the said waters as claimed by the Pakistani Navy.
A statement issued by Pakistani Navy had claimed it has proved its vigilance and operational competence by detecting and blocking an Indian submarine from entering Pakistani waters.
12 personnel killed this year
A total of 12 security personnel have been killed this year because of ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the LoC and the IB as compared to 10 last year, the government said yesterday.
However, the number of injured has drastically shot up to 66 this year as compared to 26 last year.
In a written reply to Lok Sabha, Minister of State for Defence Subhash Bhamre said there have been 167 ceasefire violations along the LoC and the IB, under the Army control, till November 14 this year as compared to 152 last year.
In areas of IB under the control of the BSF, there have been 210 violations till November 1, as compared to 253 last year, he said.
The number of ceasefire violations along the LoC and the IB under Army control till November 14 this year.
Pak Ambassador to the UN Maleeha Lodhi has written to UNSC President and UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon that Indian troops in Kashmir launched artillery barrages last week in a major escalation of attacks along the LoC threatening regional peace and security, Geo News reported.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe