NIA busts fake currency gang; two arrested with notes worth Rs 1.20 crore
Acting on a tip-off, an operation was launched at Gurugram in Haryana which resulted in the seizure of fake Indian currency notes with a face value of Rs 1.20 crore
In a major operation, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) team has managed to bust an interstate Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICN), gang. The NIA also managed to get hold of two people who are responsible for wide circulation of fake currency notes in Delhi, Haryana, and Uttar Pradesh.
Acting on a tip-off, an operation was launched at Gurugram in Haryana which resulted in the seizure of fake Indian currency notes with a face value of Rs 1.20 crore. The fake currency notes were all of the denomination of Rs 2,000.
Haryana: Fake Indian currency notes, with face value of Rs 1.20 cr, were seized by police y'day in Gurugram. 2 people were arrested. Police say, "Accused had bought a laptop & a printer and used to print notes&supply. They've been sent to 7-day police remand. We'll investigate" pic.twitter.com/GktaS5P1TB— ANI (@ANI) June 1, 2019
The two people who were arrested were identified as Kasim and Waseem, who belong to Mewat, Haryana. The seized fake Indian currency notes along with the arrested duo have been handed over to local police for further investigation.
In a similar incident, a 21-year-old man was arrested with fake currency notes having the face value of Rs 43.30 lakh from Palanpur in Gujarat's Banaskantha district. A total of 2165 notes in the denomination of Rs 2000 were seized from Poonamchand Sharma during checking of a luxury bus by the police on the Gujarat-Rajasthan border, an official said.
Sharma was supposed to deliver the parcel to one Narendra Gurava, a resident of Surat. Police suspect that Sharma was acting as a courier for Gurava, as both of them hailed from Rajasthan.
Meanwhile, the Jharkhand intelligence agencies have sounded an alert to police in all districts of the state regarding the use of the fake currency during the ongoing Lok Sabha elections. Read the full story here.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Dr Payal Tadvi refused help, fearing more bullying by seniors
- Miss Teen World 2019: They said I am not beautiful, but here I am
- Aditya Pancholi files fresh complaint against actress, lawyer
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Families of accused doctors relieved after trio sent to judicial custody
- Mumbai: At JJ hospital, doctors take on 'abusive professor'
- Shiv Sena weighed down by heavy industries, again
- Mumbai: Constable commits suicide by jumping off local train near Dahisar
- A disaster waiting to happen: 'Dangerous' Dombivli bridge to remain open for public
- Mumbai: BMC to reduce load of utility wires on bridges
- 'Why isn't plastic ban implemented effectively yet?'
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
6 arrested with banned currency worth Rs. 2. 71 Crore