Over dozen hospitalised for food poisoning
Fourteen persons mostly kids were taken ill following suspected food poisoning in Palghar town, after they consumed meals at an engagement party, police said today.
The incident took place late last evening when those affected complained of giddiness and vomitting after they ate food at a party in the afternoon, they said.
They were immediately rushed to the Dhavale Nursing home, where they were hospitalised.
Samples of food served to around 300 guests at the party have been sent for testing, police said.
No offence has been registered with the local police so far and investigations are on.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Baba Siddique's Son Pitted Against Sena Veteran In Bandra East