Owner collapses and dies on seeing his shop going up in flames

Updated: Nov 15, 2014, 11:58 IST | PTI |

A shop owner collapsed and died on seeing his shop going up in flames in a fire that broke out in the busy Chalai market in the city

Thiruvananthapuram: A shop owner collapsed and died on seeing his shop going up in flames in a fire that broke out in the busy Chalai market in the city.

Police identified the deceased as Shahul Hameed (66), who owned a fancy articles shop in the market. Though he was rushed to a nearby hospital, doctors declared him dead late last night.

The fire broke out in a shop late last evening and spread quickly, gutting 10 nearby shops, but no direct casualty was
reported. Fire and rescue teams doused the blaze after hours long mission and evacuated people from the area.
An electrical short circuit is suspected to be the cause of the fire, they said.

Chalai market is one of the oldest and busiest markets in the capital city.

Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.com

Subscribe
Loading...

Maharashtra Elections 2019: Pankaja Munde and Dhananjay Munde battle it out for Parli

NEXT STORY
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK