Polish woman urges Narendra Modi for visa renewal as daughter is in depression
Alicja Wanatko had written a letter to the prime minister and the external affairs minister pleading them to help in renewing her and her mother's visa for India.
Panaji: Polish national Marta Kotlarska, whose 11-year-old daughter Alicja Wanatko had written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar for help in renewing the visa, on Wednesday tweeted the girl was slipping into depression as they could not return to Goa. Alicja had written a letter to the prime minister and the external affairs minister pleading them to help in renewing her and her mother's visa for India.
Alicjas drawing. please help @narendramodi @PMOIndia @AmitShah @DrSJaishankar she is swinging into depression. The overstay was not due to our fault. My employer defused provide documents nessesery to prelong visa. I was trying to get NOC from MHA due to situation, no one replied pic.twitter.com/LXSJOVE7zA— Marta Kotlarska (@KotlarskaMarta) June 5, 2019
"Alicja's drawing. Please help @narendramodi @PMOIndia @AmitShah @DrSJaishankar. she is swinging into depression. The overstay was not due to our fault. My employer defused (refused to) provide documents necessary to prelong (prolong) visa. I was trying to get NOC from MHA due to the situation, no one replied (sic)," Marta said in a tweet. She has also posted a picture of Lord Shiva with a trishul (trident) drawn by Alicja.
Honoreable Prime Minister of India, please read my daughthers letter, please have mercy on us, you are our last hope....https://t.co/ylSb5BqDYn @narendramodi https://t.co/mDKxifaWK2 pic.twitter.com/kRbGANGZwo— Marta Kotlarska (@KotlarskaMarta) June 2, 2019
She is in such a tender age. She was in studing in India for last 5 years. These all situation will hugely affect her development and education. https://t.co/1Cc6Rxf0ZO@narendramodi @PMOIndia @AmitShah @DrSJaishankar please help https://t.co/mDKxifaWK2 pic.twitter.com/wWzEc2813k— Marta Kotlarska (@KotlarskaMarta) June 5, 2019
On March 24 this year, Marta was turned away from the Kempegowda International Airport in Bengaluru when she went to renew her Indian visa. She had landed from Sri Lanka. Marta had to wait in Thailand before she could return to India to pick up her daughter from Goa and leave the country. Both are right now in Cambodia. "Please help us @narendramodi my daughter is very distressed and she is only 11 years old," the mother had tweeted, attaching her child's handwritten letter. In a series of tweets, she said for her daughter "India is the place we call home".
Alicja, in the handwritten letter, expressed love for Goa. "I love my school in Goa, the beautiful nature and I am missing my volunteering in the animal rescue centre there where I was helping to take care of cows. My mum could not re-enter India on 24th March 2019 after a short trip out and we were told we were blacklisted due to our overstay," she had stated. "I am now with my mum, but am missing my old life in my favourite country more than ever. I feel so alone away from everything I have always known in India. I know my animals will be so confused without me and I cannot sleep without
feeling angry or upset, she had said.
Top stories of the day
- Producer, composer held for molesting model at house party in Malad
- Mumbai Crime: Former businessman partner slits man's throat, kills him
- 'He forcibly kissed me on my face, neck before I pushed him off'
- The Dutch mystery: Cops camping in Pune in hunt for Avdhut Shinde
- 'Nair, Topiwala left students vulnerable to harassment'
- Mumbai: INTACH joins fight to save Esplanade
- HC directs MHADA to evacuate and barricade Esplanade Mansion
- 'The Rajghat of Mumbai'
- Vikhe Patil to join BJP, many Congress MLAs likely follow suit
- I will continue to write, says IAS officer Nidhi Chaudhari
- MHT-CET exam: Two top with 100 percentile
- Katrina Kaif on Bharat: It's the best role of my career
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas displays her perfect pins on the red carpet
- Kareena Kapoor: We celebrated women who broke stereotypes
- Sunny Leone to play a lawyer in spy thriller Helen
- Janhvi Kapoor, Anjana Sukhani, Pooja Hegde sweat it out at gym in Bandra
- Iulia Vantur, Shanaya Kapoor, Kriti Sanon, Taapsee Pannu clicked in Bandra
- Super 30 trailer: Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, Tiger Shroff laud Hrithik Roshan
- Madhuri Dixit wants to learn a new Kathak form
- Ayushmann Khurrana on IPS Manoj Malviya: He became the prototype of my character
- Deepika Padukone wraps up the shooting of Chhapaak
- Sabyasachi pens down the journey of his friendship with Deepika Padukone
- Rangita Pritish Nandy on Four More Shots Please: May explore friendship, or just one character
- Sushmita Singh: Miss teen 2019 who was told that she was not beautiful
- These old pictures of Salman Khan will take you back in time
- World Environment Day: 9 ways humans are harming the environment
- CR fails in Mumbai-Pune in 2 hr 35 min train trials as problems galore
- World Cup 2019: Rabada calls Kohli 'immature', Virat says he will discuss 'man to man'
- World Cup 2019: It's advantage Virat Kohli and Co against South Africa!
- World Cup 2019: 'Asli' WC begins today as India take on South Africa
- World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli's Team India faces first Test vs South Africa
- World Cup 2019: Vijay Shankar could get nod against South Africa
Gujarat on alert as cyclonic storm Vayu moves towards coast