Prince was treated for 'drug overdose' before death
Legendary pop musician Prince, who passed away at the age of 57, was reportedly treated for a drug overdose six days before his death
Los Angeles: Legendary pop musician Prince, who passed away at the age of 57, was reportedly treated for a drug overdose six days before his death.
Prince's jet plane made an emergency landing in Moline, Illinois, on April 15 due to a medical emergency.
Doctors gave Prince a "safe shot" after he was rushed to the hospital, something reportedly given to counteract the effects of opiates, reports tmz.com.
Doctors reportedly advised that Prince stay in the hospital for 24 hours. He left, however, after three hours.
Authorities found Prince unresponsive in an elevator when they arrived Thursday morning, responding to a 911 call. First responders tried cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), but were unable to revive the pop star and he was pronounced dead at 10.07 a.m.
Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances of Prince’s death. His autopsy will be performed on Friday.
The Carver county sheriff’s office also released the transcript of the 911 call that an unidentified male made to report Prince’s death. The caller said the people at the house were “distraught", and said he didn’t know how Prince died.