QPR defender Anton gets death threat

Published: Nov 08, 2011, 09:20 IST | PA Sport

Police have launched an investigation after QPR defender Anton Ferdinand was sent a threatening letter in the post.

Police have launched an investigation after QPR defender Anton Ferdinand was sent a threatening letter in the post. Metropolitan Police officers were called after the document, which reportedly contained a death threat, arrived at the club's ground in west London last week.


Anton Ferdinand

The Sun said the contents of the letter were so graphic that QPR officials did not show it to the defender, who is at the centre of a race row involving John Terry.

"I can confirm that officers are investigating an allegation of malicious communication," a spokesman for Scotland Yard said. The letter was delivered by hand to Loftus Road last Friday, according to reports.

Ferdinand, 26, was the alleged victim of a racist comment made by Terry during QPR's Premier League home match with Chelsea last month.

Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.com

Subscribe
Loading...

Masterclass with Former National champion Kamlesh Mehta

NEXT STORY
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK