Rahul Gandhi to visit Wayanad for first time after winning Lok Sabha polls
Rahul Gandhi will stay in his constituency till Sunday during which he will meet party workers and citizens
Congress president Rahul Gandhi is slated to visit his Parliamentary constituency Wayanad on Friday afternoon. This will be Gandhi's first visit after he won the seat in the recently held Lok Sabha polls.
#ExpectedToday | Congress President Rahul Gandhi to visit Wayanad, Kerala for the first time after winning from the parliamentary constituency by 4,31,770 votes in Lok Sabha elections 2019. (file pic) pic.twitter.com/bvMc1NH6A0— ANI (@ANI) June 7, 2019
He will stay in his constituency till Sunday during which he will meet party workers and citizens. "I will be in Wayanad, Kerala starting this afternoon and till Sunday to meet citizens and Congress Party workers. It's a packed schedule with over 15 public receptions planned over the next 3 days," tweeted Rahul Gandhi.
Rahul had on May 24 expressed gratitude to the people of Wayanad for choosing him as their representative in the Lok Sabha.
I will be in Wayanad, Kerala starting this afternoon and till Sunday to meet citizens & Congress Party workers. It’s a packed schedule with over 15 public receptions planned over the next 3 days. pic.twitter.com/1r71RsgI9X— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) June 7, 2019
On May 31, Rahul Gandhi wrote a letter to Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan requesting him to order an enquiry into the 'suicide' of a debt-ridden farmer from Wayanad. Gandhi also urged him to extend financial support to the family of the deceased.
Gandhi, who netted 7,05,034 votes in Wayanad, won by 4,31,063 votes against his nearest rival Left Democratic Front (LDF)'s PP Suneer in the constituency. However, the Congress President lost his family stronghold Amethi parliamentary constituency by BJP leader Smriti Irani.
Congress president Rahul Gandhi also asked all party's state in-charges to submit a report to review the party's drubbing of Lok Sabha elections. The Congress party had started conducting surveys after the results were out. All the party state in-charges have been asked to submit the survey report by the end of June to Gandhi. He had expressed dissatisfaction with Congress in-charges because of poor performance in Lok Sabha elections.
Top news stories of the day
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Dr Payal Tadvi had no friends in her own department, say batchmates
- Gadchiroli blasts: Elderly parents worry about the future, as slain sons' wives get compensation
- Mulund society secretary booked for animal cruelty
- Mumbai: Esplanade Mansion's electricity meters removed ahead of its demolition
- Mumbai: BMC shuts two crucial foot overbridges at King's Circle
- 'Volunteers to comb forests for snares to prevent deaths of animals'
- Majeed Memon: Preserving Esplanade would mean protecting Kala Ghoda's history
- 8th Board Result 2019 RBSE: Rajasthan Results today at 4 PM, check at rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in
- SSC Result 2019: Maharashtra 10th Results to be out today at mahresult.nic.in
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Lok Sabha election results 2019: BJP Mumbai president Ashish Shelar reacts on historic win!