Rajasthan boy on top as boys outshine girls in NEET 2019 exams
Out of the total number of registered candidates, 14,10,755 appeared for the exam, which is 92.85 percent of the total candidates. Only 0.12 percent of NRI candidates appeared for the exam
Boys outshone girls in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) results which were announced on Wednesday, bagging the top six slots. Nalin Khandelwal from Rajasthan topped the exam, conducted for admissions to MBBS and BDS programs offered at medical and dental colleges that are approved by the Medical Council of India, scoring 701 out of 720 marks.
The second rank was secured by Bhavik Bansal from Delhi and the third all-India topper was Akshat Kaushik from Uttar Pradesh. As per the National Testing Agency (NTA) that conducted the examination, a total of 20 girls found their way in the top 100 merit list. Madhuri Reddy G from Telangana scored 695 out of 720 marks and landed the seventh rank.
Kirti Agarwal from Madhya Pradesh and Qureshi Asra from Andhra Pradesh secured all India ranks 15 and 16 respectively. Among the states, Delhi has turned out to be the best scoring region with 74.92 percent students qualifying the exam. It is followed by Haryana (73.41 percent) and Chandigarh (73.24 percent).
A statement by NTA said that the total number of candidates who registered for the examination was 15,19,375, which is a 14.52 percent rise in numbers from last year. Out of the total number of registered candidates, 14,10,755 appeared for the exam, which is 92.85 percent of the total candidates. Only 0.12 percent of NRI candidates appeared for the exam.
The cut-off for the general category ranges from 134 to 701. According to NTA, the general category candidates scoring at least 134 marks in the NEET exam will be able to attend counseling to take admission to the medical colleges. For the reserved category students, the cut off was at a minimum of 107 marks.
The result was declared on ntaneet.nic.in. NEET 2019 was conducted on May 5 and May 20 across the country.
Top stories of the day
- Producer, composer held for molesting model at house party in Malad
- Mumbai Crime: Former businessman partner slits man's throat, kills him
- 'He forcibly kissed me on my face, neck before I pushed him off'
- The Dutch mystery: Cops camping in Pune in hunt for Avdhut Shinde
- 'Nair, Topiwala left students vulnerable to harassment'
- Mumbai: INTACH joins fight to save Esplanade
- HC directs MHADA to evacuate and barricade Esplanade Mansion
- 'The Rajghat of Mumbai'
- Vikhe Patil to join BJP, many Congress MLAs likely follow suit
- I will continue to write, says IAS officer Nidhi Chaudhari
- MHT-CET exam: Two top with 100 percentile
- Katrina Kaif on Bharat: It's the best role of my career
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas displays her perfect pins on the red carpet
- Kareena Kapoor: We celebrated women who broke stereotypes
- Sunny Leone to play a lawyer in spy thriller Helen
- Janhvi Kapoor, Anjana Sukhani, Pooja Hegde sweat it out at gym in Bandra
- Iulia Vantur, Shanaya Kapoor, Kriti Sanon, Taapsee Pannu clicked in Bandra
- Super 30 trailer: Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, Tiger Shroff laud Hrithik Roshan
- Madhuri Dixit wants to learn a new Kathak form
- Ayushmann Khurrana on IPS Manoj Malviya: He became the prototype of my character
- Deepika Padukone wraps up the shooting of Chhapaak
- Sabyasachi pens down the journey of his friendship with Deepika Padukone
- Rangita Pritish Nandy on Four More Shots Please: May explore friendship, or just one character
- Sushmita Singh: Miss teen 2019 who was told that she was not beautiful
- These old pictures of Salman Khan will take you back in time
- World Environment Day: 9 ways humans are harming the environment
- CR fails in Mumbai-Pune in 2 hr 35 min train trials as problems galore
- World Cup 2019: Rabada calls Kohli 'immature', Virat says he will discuss 'man to man'
- World Cup 2019: It's advantage Virat Kohli and Co against South Africa!
- World Cup 2019: 'Asli' WC begins today as India take on South Africa
- World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli's Team India faces first Test vs South Africa
- World Cup 2019: Vijay Shankar could get nod against South Africa
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
'Keep boys at home at night, not girls': Kirron Kher on Chandigarh stalking case