Robert Vadra visits Mumbai temple, heckled by Narendra Modi's supporters
The husband of Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi and the brother-in-law of Congress President Rahul Gandhi, Vadra was accorded tight police security and was escorted both inside and outside the temple during his short visit
Businessman Robert Vadra and husband of Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi on Friday visited Mumbai and offered prayers at the famous Mumbadevi Temple. As soon as he arrived at the temple, a group of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers started shouting, "Modi, Modi, Modi", "Modi Zindabad", "Bharat Mata Ki Jai." Some supporters even tried to heckle him, but the police prevented any untoward incident.
Robert Vadra is the husband of Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi and the brother-in-law of Congress President Rahul Gandhi. He was accorded tight police security and was escorted both inside and outside the temple during his short visit.
Robert Vadra told media persons waiting near the temple, "I have come here only to seek the blessings of the Goddess. I don't want any politics in the temple."
In a Facebook and Twitter post earlier on Friday, Robert Vadra said that "politics was at an all-time low." "Politics at an all-time low. Desperate measures are visible. Hitting out at an assassinated Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi to mislead the people of India.
Politics is at an all time low .— Robert Vadra (@irobertvadra) May 10, 2019
Hitting out at our assassinated PM Sh RajivGandhi to mislead the people of India,is terrible.We, the family, will strive for his vision n the people of India will fight for his dignity n respect. It’s time for a respectful change in our country. pic.twitter.com/ye9ZuT26Zy
The post added, "We the family will strive for his vision and the people of India will fight for his dignity and respect. It's only time for a respectful change in our country."
Top News Stories of The Day
- Mumbai: Engineer caught stealing laptops from girls' hostel in Dindoshi
- Mahim abduction case: 'Drunk Samaritan' says he gave child juice, chips
- Museum, lift vendor blame each other after freak mishap kills dentist
- Mumbai Crime: Man loses Rs 1 lakh on digital wallet platform
- Western Railway, IIT-B on track to avoid water-logging mess this year
- Mumbai: RPF has 'code band' plan in case of monsoon tragedies
- Chembur woman wins RTI battle against Mumbai cops
- CSMT bridge collapse: 709-page charge sheet only against auditor
- Future of silk town Mubarakpur in tatters
- Mumbai: 270 Government Law College students at risk of losing a year
- Open spaces can't be sacrificed for development
- Woman tries to throw slipper at Navjot Sidhu; Twitter has mixed reactions
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Watch: Prime Minister Narendra Modi visits Shwedagon Pagoda