Sebastain Vettel wins Indian GP
Red Bull's Sebastain Vettel led from start to finish to became the first to win the action-packed Indian Grand Prix at the Buddh International Circuit here Sunday
Red Bull's Sebastain Vettel led from start to finish to became the first to win the action-packed Indian Grand Prix at the Buddh International Circuit here Sunday.
Red Bull's double world champion notched up his 11th win of 2011 at the sport's newest venue.
In a highly competitve race, that saw cars colliding and spinning off the track, pole-sitter Vettel set the pace right from the start and was closely followed by Jenson Button, who took the second place for McLaren-Mercedes.
Ferrari's Fernando Alonso finished third while his Brazilian team mate Felipe Massa who had to retire with a broken suspension after a collision with McLaren-Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton, who finished a disappointing seventh.
Hamilton now looks certain to be beaten by his McLaren team-mate in the drivers' standings for the first time in his career.
Sahara Force India's Adrian Sutil finished ninth while India's only driver, Narain Karthikeyan, was 17th for Hispania.
1. Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull-Renault)
2. Jenson Button (McLaren-Mercedes)
3. Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)
4. Mark Webber (Red Bull-Renault)
5. Michael Schumacher (Mercedes)
6. Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)
7. Lewis Hamilton (McLaren-Mercedes)
8. Jaime Alguersuari (Toro Ross)
9. Adrian Sutil (Sahara Force India-Mercedes)
10. Sergio Perez (Sauber F1)
11. Vitaly Petrov (Lotus-Renault)
12. Bruno Senna (Lotus-Renault)
13. Paul di Resta (Sahara Force India-Mercedes)
14. Heikki Kovalainen (Lotus-Renault)
15. Rubens Barrichello (Williams-Cosworth)
16. Jerome d'Ambrosio (Virgin-Cosworth)
17. Narain Karthikeyan (Hispania)
18. Daniel Ricciardo (Hispania)
19. Jarno Trulli (Lotus-Renault)
Retired: Felipe Massa (Ferrari), Sebastien Buemi (Torro-Rosso), Pastor Maldonado (Williams-Cosworth), Timo Glock (Virgin-Cosworth), Kamui Kobayashi (Sauber). Petrov penalised five grid spots for causing crash.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe