Security forces kill terrorist in gunfight in Sopore
The encounter broke out at 5:25 pm yesterday between terrorists and the troops of 177, 179 and 92 Battalion of CRPF, SOG Sopore, 22 Rashtriya Rifles (RR)
Baramulla: The body of a terrorist was recovered by security forces on Wednesday morning after an encounter took place on Tuesday in Bomai area of Sopore in Baramulla district. The encounter broke out at 5:25 pm yesterday between terrorists and the troops of 177, 179 and 92 Battalion of CRPF, SOG Sopore, 22 Rashtriya Rifles (RR).
J&K Police on Sopore Encounter: On a credible input, a cordon & search operation was launched jointly by police and security forces at Wadoora Payeen in Bomai area of Sopore. During search op, terrorists fired on the search party. The fire was retaliated leading to an encounter. pic.twitter.com/7FnXkpYRlH— ANI (@ANI) June 12, 2019
Gunfight broke out between Kashmiri freedom fighters and indian occupied forces in Wadoora Payeen village of #Sopore in North Kashmir's #Baramulla district. #KashmirisWantFreedom#Budget2019#Ø®Ø§Ù_Ø¢ÛØ§_ØªÚ¾Ø§ pic.twitter.com/UBKhRUTJJZ— Muazam Farooq (@Muazam_Here) June 11, 2019
J&K Police on Sopore Encounter: One terrorist was killed and the body was retrieved from the site of encounter. The identity and affiliation of the killed terrorist is being ascertained. Incriminating material including arms & ammunition was recovered from the site of encounter. https://t.co/7d1EFyHxFW— ANI (@ANI) June 12, 2019
However, the body of the terrorist was retrieved from the site of the encounter but his identity and affiliation is being ascertained, Jammu and Kashmir Police said. "On a credible input, a cordon and search operation was launched jointly by police and security forces at the area. During the search operation, the hiding terrorist fired on the search party. The fire was retaliated leading to an encounter," police explained in a press release.
Additional Dist Magistrate, Sopore: In view of the ongoing encounter b/w terrorists&security forces in Sopore since today afternoon&as precautionary measure,all govt&private educational institutions, in Subdivision Sopore shall suspend their class work tomorrow. #JammuAndKashmir— ANI (@ANI) June 11, 2019
Incriminating material including arms and ammunition were recovered from the site of encounter. The police have requested citizens not to venture inside the encounter zone since such an area can prove dangerous due to stray explosive materials. They have further requested people to cooperate with police till the area is completely sanitized and cleared of all the explosive materials if any.
Top stories of the day
- The Dutch mystery: Man wanted is on temple run in Maharashtra
- Win Rs 10,000 if you find the truck that dumped this debris in south Mumbai
- Mumbai Crime: Man rapes teenage girl in Bandra, blackmails her with video
- Mumbai: Banned newspaper is still vendors' first choice for serving food
- Meet Vasai's traffic stoppers who are being the change they wish to see
- Mumbai Crime: Chain-snatchers' new modus ends at police station lock-up
- Mumbai: Chain-snatching cases drop but recovery still poor
- Thane Municipal Corporation unprepared for monsoon, says social activist
- Mumbai: Bad roads this year, too at Aarey Colony
- Mumbai on alert in wake of cyclone Vayu: Disaster Management Department
- For non-SSC students, internal marks won't count
- Shiv Sena, BJP start bickering over CM's post, seat-sharing
- Ujjwala Raut: Here's what the 41 year old supermodel of the 90s is doing now
- Worst crimes: These monstrous mothers murdered their children!
- Amruta Fadnavis wows with her soulful performance in Los Angeles
- These famous schools, colleges are also popular for Bollywood shoots
- Narendra Modi shares a hearty laugh with Sri Lanka President
- Bollywood celebs you probably don't know are related
- Do you know Tamannaah Bhatia made her Bollywood debut at age 15?
- When Shahid Kapoor went out of his way to help his on-screen sister-in-law
- Saif Ali Khan feels bad when he reaches home and finds Taimur asleep
- Here's how Shahid Kapoor transformed for Kabir Singh
- Malaika Arora and Tara Sutaria's Bandra outing is all things casual
- World Cup 2019: Team India watch Salman Khan's new movie Bharat
- World Cup 2019: Warm-up win vs India doesn't mean Kiwis are are hot!
- World Cup 2019: Steve Waugh compares Hardik Pandya with Lance Klusener
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Two Hizb-ul-Mujahideen terrorists killed in encounter with security forces