Serbia's Janko Tipsarevic withdraws from 2015 Chennai Open

Updated: Dec 19, 2014, 08:43 IST | IANS |

Former Chennai Open champion Serbia's Janko Tipsarevic Thursday withdrew from the tournament as he is yet to recover fully from a foot injury he underwent earlier this year, a statement from the organisers said

Chennai: Former Chennai Open champion Serbia's Janko Tipsarevic Thursday withdrew from the tournament as he is yet to recover fully from a foot injury he underwent earlier this year, a statement from the organisers said.

The former World No.8, recovering from a foot surgery, was set to make his return to competitive tennis next season and was granted a singles wild card, but was advised against playing by his physician and will be back in action from February next year.

Sweden's Elias Ymer was given a wild card entry in the tournament.

Tipsarevic won the 2013 edition of the tournament, his fourth Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) World Tour title, defeating Bautista Agut of Spain 3-6, 6-1, 6-3. The 2015 edition would have been the Serb's seventh visit here.

Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.com

Subscribe
Loading...

Snooker champ Aditya Mehta: Pro Snooker is cut-throat but that's what I live for

NEXT STORY
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK