Seven 2008 Mumbai terror attacks accused file bail applications
Seven Pakistani nationals accused of planning and abetting the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks today filed bail applications in the anti-terrorism court here
Islamabad: Seven Pakistani nationals accused of planning and abetting the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks today filed bail applications in the anti-terrorism court here.
The seven accused filed bail applications even as no proceedings of the case took place today at the Adiala Jail in Rawalpindi as lawyers were observing strike to condemn yesterday's terrorist attack on an Army-run school in Peshawar that left 141 people, mostly children, dead.
The seven accused - LeT operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, Abdul Wajid, Mazhar Iqbal, Hamad Amin Sadiq, Shahid Jameel Riaz, Jamil Ahmed and Younis Anjum - filed bail applications, a court official said.
"ATC Judge Kausar Abbas Zaidi will hear the arguments tomorrow on the bail application of the accused," he said.
Four witnesses had earlier identified the seven accused on December 10 in an anti-terrorism court hearing in Rawalpindi, conducting trial of the Mumbai terror attacks.
The witnesses from the port city of Karachi identified one of the accused who had purchased boats from them. Shahid Jamil Riaz was earlier identified for acquiring inflatable boats from the witnesses. Riaz and 10 other people had bought 11 inflatable boats from them.
They had also identified 10 men, including Amjad Khan and Atiqur Rehman, who were allegedly involved in planning and executing the Mumbai attacks on November 26, 2008 that left 166 people dead.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe