Shaan: Music can convey what words cannot
Shaan who has sung Hawa aane de -- a track for the forthcoming World Environment Day to create awareness around air pollution -- says music has the power to convey messages in an effective way.
Singer Shaan, who has sung Hawa aane de -- a track for the forthcoming World Environment Day to create awareness around air pollution -- says music has the power to convey messages in an effective way.
Shaan, who has also composed the song, told IANS: "The whole idea of creating this song is to create awareness towards air pollution. I wouldn't think I am a major influence of sorts, but I'm a creative person. I feel I have a social responsibility and so it stems from there.
"In fact, it's not like Bhamla Foundation asked me to do it. I feel that through music, you can say what you may not be able to say through words."
This is the reason why, he says, many songs on social change come out.
The song, produced by Bhamla Foundation and available on Hungama Music app, has lyrics penned by Swanand Kirkire.
The video features Akshay Kumar, Ayushmann Kurrana, Rajkumar Rao, Vicky Kaushal, Kapil Sharma, Shaan, Shankar Mahadevan and Sunidhi Chauhan. It is choreographed by the celebrated dancer Shiamak Davar, who too is a part of the video.
This is not the first time Shaan has worked with Kirkire.
"This one is quite ironic because one of our biggest hits together was 'Behti hawa sa tha woh' and now we do 'Hawa aane de'.
"It is true in the last 10 years, air pollution has gone up so high and there are some major players like unethical manufacturing, irresponsible behaviour, traffic...things like that have gone up so much more. People need to go back to more organic living," said the "Tanha Dil" fame singer.
World Environment Day is on June 5.
Top entertainment stories of the day:
- Veeru Devgan's prayer meet in Juhu: Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Kareena-Karisma pay respect
- Anurag Kashyap on Narendra Modi swearing-in ceremony: PM must act, not just talk, against hate
- Kareena Kapoor on making TV debut: Won't work for more than eight hours
- Ayushmann Khurrana is eyeing Hema Malini's moniker
- Photos: Kareena Kapoor Khan's royal blue pantsuit is all things chic
- See Photos: Kangana Ranaut graces PM Narendra Modi's swearing-in ceremony in a retro look
- Himesh Reshammiya to compose music for Rajkumar Santhoshi's rom-com BadBoy
- Tahir Raj Bhasin handles '83 Biopic pressure with preparation
- Kiara Advani's shirt-dress flirts with the wind when clicked in Juhu
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Exclusive! Diljit Dosanjh reveals why he talks less