6 superfoods you should eat this winter to stay healthy
Include these six food items in your daily meal to ensure that you remain healthy throughout the winter season
Although we say that winter boosts up our digestive system, winter gives us a glowing skin and winter keeps us healthy as compared to summer, yet we should stick to a healthy diet while enjoying the chill pill. This is because our bodies experience change in metabolism, energy level and diet preference.
Here is a list of six food items that will keep you healthy throughout the winter:
1. Oatmeal: This is a common breakfast food item provides all nutrients that are necessary to stay fit during winter. Oatmeal is rich in zinc and fibre, both of which keep the heart strong and pumps up the immune system. It is always good to eat the old fashioned oats than today’s ready-to-eat ones.
2. Dry fruits: To keep the body warm during winter, take a handful of dry fruits every day. Dry fruits like raisins, apricots and figs along with nuts like almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios and peanuts are recommendable winter food items. These can be mixed in porridge during breakfast or can be eaten separately also.
3. Ghee: Ghee keeps the body warm and helps cut the bad body fat. Eating one tablespoon of ghee during winter contributes to healthy glowing skin and keeps away from cold and flu.
4. Honey: This age old food is also a recommendable winter diet. Mix one tablespoon of honey with lukewarm water and drink during the chilly winter mornings. It will give energy to the body and will help fight cold and flu.
5. Soup: This is a perfect winter diet. Soup is not only tasty, but also healthy. Include eggs, chicken, lots of vegetables, corns and butter in the soup to enrich the taste and provide the body with adequate nutrients.
6. Citrus fruits: Lemons, limes, oranges and grapes can add to a healthy body during winter. They can be either consumed as juices or directly. As these fruits are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids, they boost good cholesterol and lower bad cholesterol in the body.
Winter has already set in and it is already time for you to make a slight change in your daily diet. By doing so, you will surely benefit and get a glowing skin and energetic body. Come, let's get started!
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe