Smriti Irani attacks Opposition for supporting anti-nationals
This statement from Irani comes ahead of counting of votes tomorrow. Irani has contested against Rahul Gandhi in the Amethi Lok Sabha seat, which went to the polls on May 6
New Delhi: A day ahead of the Lok Sabha election results, Union Minister Smriti Irani on Wednesday launched a veiled attack at the Opposition for supporting alleged anti-nationals who demanded the division of the country.
"This election was about the people versus the opposition. The people stood firm against the anarchists who screamed Bharat ke tukde honge. It is to those citizens that I give my grateful thanks for they resolutely and unabashedly believed in Bharat and her future," she tweeted.
This statement from Irani comes ahead of counting of votes tomorrow. Irani has contested against Rahul Gandhi in the Amethi Lok Sabha seat, which went to the polls on May 6.
Meanwhile, the Union Minister also took to Twitter to post her appreciation of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the manner in which he faced "humiliation" and "hateful barbs" hurled at him by the Opposition, ever since he assumed office in 2014.
"In the last 5 years not a day went by when Narendra Modi was not subjected to humiliation and hateful barbs by the opposition. However, as karyakartas we take pride that the citizens of the Nation stood by the PM through every endeavour, every initiative," Irani tweeted.
On Tuesday, the PM and BJP president Amit Shah met the Union Council of Ministers at theBJP party headquarters here and later Shah also hosted a dinner for NDA allies. Irani was among those who attended the meeting.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai cops land in LOC to search man who sent a pornographic video on WhatsApp
- mid-day test drive: Mumbai streets are alive with the danger of cylinders
- Mumbai: Priest dies of shock after seeing truck run over boy at Sion-Koliwada
- Mumbai: Snakes frequenting posh Malabar Hill Society scare residents
- Dead man's case files go missing from JJ Hospital
- Mumbai: 23 BMM students of Khalsa college stranded in final year
- Shiv Sena may get Dy CM post soon
- Thane police crack Vajreshwari temple theft, nab five
- Mumbai: Rape accused flees from cops through hospital toilet in Versova
- BJP in Mumbai North to keep 3,000 laddoos, pedas ready for Thursday
- Tushar Gandhi: To drag Bapu in was strategically planned
- Mumbai Mahila Congress seeks FIR against Vivek Oberoi for insulting women's modesty
- Court quashes sexual assault FIR against actor Jeetendra filed by cousin
- TikTok Celebrity Mohit Mor shot dead; act captured on CCTV
- Poonam Mahajan: Unseen family photos of Pramod Mahajan's daughter
- Elections 2019: Popular politicians and key battles in Mumbai
- Mumbai tour operators cancel travel plans to save the fireflies
- These photos of Milind Deora with wife Pooja and family are precious
Arvind Kejriwal attacks Smriti Irani over Hyderabad suicide case