The 'it' girl pony
Loved by stars and beauty bloggers, hike up your hair in a high pony this monsoon
Are the rains giving your hair a "frizzy Monica" moment from Friends? Thank your stars, as the go-to hairdo for the season is the high pony. "The slicked high pony highlights the cheekbones and gives your face an instant lift. You can also try the high half top knot. It can damage your hair if done every day, but once a week is fine. Since many women are sporting layered hair, using pony extensions is a smart option. The extension bears the pull and reduces the damage to natural hair," shares make-up artist Pakkhi Pahuja of city-based salon Team Vanity.
Jacqueline Fernandez plays with crinkled texture. Pic/Suresh Karkera
Here's a guide to get high on style
* Cheat your way to a sleek pony by first spraying your hair with water spray.
* Separate your hair in three parts. Keep the front section aside, and style it later.
* Take your hair in the crown region and the back section and pull it into a thick, high pony.
Model Bella Hadid goes for the extreme pull and keeps her pony sleek. Pics/AFP
* Use a double hook hair tie clip instead of a rubber band, or a black cotton thread (commonly used by hairdressers) to tie your pony, which ensures that it doesn't slip.
* Either slick the front section or if you prefer volume, back-comb it to create a mohawk and tie it with the rest of the hair. You can also do a side part. Wrap a section around the hair tie to cover it and secure with bobby pins.
Kim Kardashian makes the look wispy by leaving a few strands out.
* Use gel or a hairspray to slick your hair.
* Style in three ways — textured (with small section tongs and backcomb to make it fuller and textured); S tail, using a tong in the chubby sections to give a swirl; or slick and straight.
Catch up on all the latest Mumbai news, crime news, current affairs, and also a complete guide on Mumbai from food to things to do and events across the city here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates
DISCLAIMER: mid-day and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Ganesh Chaturthi 2018: Amitabh Bachchan, Sachin Tendulkar take blessings at Lalbaugcha Raja