Style tips: Experts on how men can wear pink the right way
From Rafael Nadal to Roger Federer to bad boy Nick Kyrgios, male tennis players are sporting pink at this year's Australian Open. Experts tell us how men can wear blush right
Kashish Hans' line
"I have worked on a lot of pink on pink this season. It's such a fresh colour. Earlier there was only baby pink, which restricted its use for men, and only corporates played with the shade," says designer Kunal Rawal. The designer has used various tones of salmon this season, mixing tones of cream, pink or blush with salmon to get different hues, some with just an undertone of pink.
Haider Ackerman. Pic/Getty Images
- For festive Indian wear, Rawal suggests pairing pink with off white. One can also try separates with blush pink embroidery on neutral tones such as vanilla, be it for bandis, jackets or even sherwani. << Baby pink is a cool tone, and works well with white and black.
- If you wish to 'man up' the pink, pair it with deep shades of black, be it a black jacket or trousers.
Rafael Nadal. Pic/AFP
- You can also try a deep wine pink on the turn-ups of the sleeves of a kurta shirt.
- Pick pink ties in lighter, cool tones with different textures. Pair a navy, dark or charcoal separate with a tie with minimum print. A tie can also combine two colours, a 'rani pink' with burnt orange. Also try pocket squares; it makes an impact even when used in a limited way.
- The colour is a rage in technical fabrics for gymwear or athleisure pieces. Rawal suggests picking light fabrics in bright pinks so the colour is not in-your-face; he owns a windcheater in a bright pink made with translucent fabric, which softens the impact.
Roger Federer. Pic/AFP
"Fashion is genderless so we shouldn't have colour restrictions. All you need to do is pick the right shade, tone and tint of pink that suits you," says designer Kashish Hans of NM Design Studio.
- Hans feels that a shocking pink does not suit everyone, especially darker skin tones. So, you can play safe with salmon pink.
- The key is to break the impact of pink with a darker shade of trousers or jacket.
- Wear pink blazers with black pants instead of white. It helps soften the look.
- Hans dyes his fabrics with a mix of rani pink and red, these darker pinks look better on Indian men.
- Navy blue and light pink go together, not darker shades.
- The easiest way is to wear a pink tie with a white shirt.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Watch video: Tips for men to get the formal look right at weddings