Sunny Leone breaks silence over Bengaluru New Year Bash ban

Updated: Dec 20, 2017, 09:41 IST | mid-day online correspondent

Actress Sunny Leone on Tuesday has finally broken her silence over the controversy of the New Year Bash in Bengaluru, where the State Government stepped in to stop her from performing

sunny new year

Actress Sunny Leone on Tuesday has finally broken her silence over the controversy of the New Year Bash in Bengaluru.

The Jism 2 actress tweeted saying, "Since the police of Bengaluru have publicly said that they will not be able to ensure mine, and all who attend, safety for my New Years event, my team and I feel, safety of the people should always come first. Therefore, I cannot attend. God bless and I wish everyone a safe and Happy New Year. "

Earlier on Saturday Bengaluru Police Commissioner T. Suneel Kumar had denied permission for a New Year bash in the city where Sunny was invited to perform. She further wrote, "

Sunny Leone has clearly taken a jibe at the people who tried to stop her from performing on New Year's eve over 'moral issues'. 

The Karnataka government had decided not to grant permission to Sunny Leone's New Year's Eve show in Bengaluru following protests from right-wing groups. The Karnataka Rakshana Vedike (KRV) and some other organisations have been opposing the event as they consider Sunny an 'assault' on the city's culture. For the past week, KRV members have been taking out rallies, burning effigies of the actor and even threatening suicide. "Don't bring her [Leone] here. People are opposed to the event. Let them [organisers] hold events related to Kannada culture and literature, which is our heritage," Karnataka Home Minister Ramalinga Reddy had reportedly said.

Catch up on all the latest entertainment news and gossip here.

Download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go

Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.com

Subscribe
Loading...

Video: Sunny Leone's shocking silence over RGV's new move

NEXT STORY
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK