Tech: 10 smartphones that dominated Google Search in India this year
From Freedom 251 to iPhone 7 and Google Pixel, 2016 has been a great year for smartphones. Here is a list of the ones -- from the cheapest to the expensive ones -- which dominated Google search this year
From Freedom 251 to iPhone 7 and Google Pixel, 2016 has been a great year for smartphones. Some of those smartphones dominated Google search in India too. From the cheapest to the expensive ones, here is a list of those who did:
Redmi Note 3
1. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3: Xiaomi reported to have sold more than 2.3 million Redmi Note 3 units in India since its launch in March. The phone comes with attractive features like metal unibody design, 5.5-inch full HD display, fingerprint sensor and 16MP camera with Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF).
Samsung J7 Prime/File pic
2. Samsung j7: This Samsung smartphone also made it to the list of most looked after model in Google search. The phone was launched in April 2016. It is packed with interesting features like 13MP rear camera, 5MP shooter for selfies, .5-inch Super AMOLED display and 2GB RAM and 16GB of storage.
3. OnePlus 3: Chinese phone maker, OnePlus, launched the OnePlus 3 smartphone in June 2016. The device was priced at Rs. 27,999 during the time of its launch. The phone features 16MP primary camera, MP front camera, optic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with full HD display, ceramic-coated fingerprint Scanner and latest quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor.
Pic courtesy/OnePlus official twitter page
4. OnePlus 3T: Like the OnePlus 3, OnePlus 3T also happened to be highly searched smartphone on Google. Though it is said that there are not much differences between OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T, yet smartphone lovers seem to make a shift towards the December launched OnePlus 3T.
Moto G4 Plus
5. Moto G4: the smartphone was unveiled along with Moto G4 Plus, a slightly higher variant of Moto G4 series. However, Moto G4 trended pretty well in Google search engine and lot many smartphone users have been noticed to purchase the phone in real time. Moto G4’s attractive features include 5.5-inch Full HD display, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory expandable up t0 128GB expandable and 13 MP rear and 5MP front camera.
6. Moto M: The all new metal designed Moto M smartphone came as a break from the usual Moto Z and Moto X series. The phone is available in two variants- 3GB RAM/32GB internal memory and 4GB RAM/64GB internal memory. The fingerprint scanner on the back seems to be the most attractive feature of Moto M.
Google Pixel. File pic
7. Google Pixel: Though priced at a premium level, Google Pixel was one of the most searched phones this year. With the innovation of Pixel, Google did away with the Nexus range and wanted to take control of hardware. Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones arrived in India on October 25 and are available at a starting price of Rs 57,000.
iPhone 7. File pic
8. iPhone 7: Apple unveiled iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus this year. Even before the phones were launched in India this October, search trends for the devices went drastically high on Google. The 32GB base variant of iPhone 7 is priced at Rs. 60,000. With several leaks, rumours and pre-launch offers being disclosed, Apple managed to reach the top searches in google.com.
9. Lenovo K5 note: After Lenovo launched Vibe K5 Note on August 1, the device became one of the fastest selling smartphones in the country. The phone has 5.5-inch full-HD display, 178-degree wide viewing angle, 3,500mAh battery, to name a few.
Freedom 251. File pic
10. Freedom 251: Though the phone does not exist anymore and so does it makers, yet at one point, Freedom 251 was the most searched mobile on Google. Priced at as less as Rs. 251, the phone attracted a huge mobile user base and many even went on to book the same. Touted to be the cheapest smartphone in the world, the launch of the phone was announced in February 2016.
A walk through Mohammed Ali Road's Khau Galli