'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' rakes in record USD 110.2mln during weekend
Jennifer Lawrence starrer 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' has become the top Thanksgiving title of all time after making a collection of 110.2 million dollars in the second consecutive week at the US box office.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the record-breaking movie was followed by Disney’s animated movie ‘Frozen’, which has earned 93 million dollars at the box office.
Both films bested the previous Thanksgiving record holder, ‘Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone’ that grossed 57.5 million dollars in 2001 over a three-day period.
Top 10 box office earners are:
1. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - 110.2 million dollars
2. Frozen - 93.0 million dollars
3. Thor: The Dark World - 15.5 million dollars
4. The Best Man Holiday - 11.1 million dollars
5. Homefront - 9.8 million dollars
6. Delivery Man - 9.7 million dollars
7. The Book Thief - 6.4 million dollars
8. Black Nativity - 5.0 million dollars
9. Philomena - 4.6 million dollars
10. Last Vegas - 3.8 million dollars
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Kapil Sharma, Kiku Sharda and Archana Puran Singh at the Angry Birds 2 trailer launch