'Thor: The Dark World' tops weekend box office with USD 86m earnings
Marvel's 3-D sequel `Thor: The Dark World` has opened up at first place at the US weekend box office with earnings of 86 million dollars, according to studio estimates.
Johnny Knoxville’s comedy ‘Bad Grandpa’ bagged the second spot, while animated comedy ‘Free Birds’ soared into third place with 11.2 million dollars, Fox News reported.
Top 10 box office earners are:
1. Thor: The Dark World- 86.1 million dollars
2. Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa- 11.3 million dollars
3. Free Birds- 11.2 million dollars
4. Last Vegas- 11.1 million dollars
5. Ender’s Game- 10.2 million dollars
6. Gravity- 8.4 million dollars
7. 12 Years a Slave- 6.6 million dollars
8. Captain Phillips- 5.8 million dollars
9. About Time- 5.1 million dollars
10. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2- 2.8 million dollars.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe