Major throwback: 10 things we miss about Children's Day in school
Here are some of those acts which we did and now miss like anything
On 14th of November every year, our minds still get back to those bygone days when Children's Day was all about celebration in school. That feeling of being treated in an extra special way by our teachers, that feeling of attending school in casual attires and that feeling of watching our teachers perform on stage cannot be forgotten. While we all love to cherish our childhood days, why not all of us go back to the school days and live those happy moments again? Here are some of those acts which we did and now miss like anything. How many of those can you relate to?
1. Taking a break from the uniform and wearing casual dress to school- It was more like 'who looks better tham whom' competition. How many purchased a dress exclusively for Children's Day? (LOL)
2. Waiting for our teachers to provide us with sweets and savouries- Those white or brown coloured sealed boxes contained pastries or patisserie. We may not have liked the taste or laughed over the same items being repeated every year. But now, we definitely miss those boxes! Alas!
3. Watching our teachers dressed up in artistic attires perform plays and dramas on stage- We still miss the comedy plays our teachers perfomed on stage and made us laugh to the core. Wish we get an opportunity to watch those teachers perform again!
4. Enjoying screening of Children’s Day special movies- Thankfully this was the only day of the year when a movie was screened exclusively for thje students.
5. Listening to teachers sing songs and pray for us- While the music teacher played her piano like every other day, there were those sirs and mams who practiced special songs and sang in group or solo to make the function a more interesting one.
6. Chatting with friends outside the school gate- It was a half day and who wants to home early? Also, who does not want to flaunt their casual dress for an extended hour? After all, it is all about childhood fun
7. Listening to our principal’s special speech prepared for Children’s Day- Those encouraging words, over which we might have laughed at time, now turned out to be the most valuable ones in our lives. Does anybody still wait to listen to those words again with their ear buds out?
8. Feeling happy for getting free periods in school- Teachers went busy with practice at least a week prior to the function and that was the time when we had extended hours of conversation with friends within the class hours. Ah! Gone are those crazy classes!
9. Clicking pictures with our teachers and then purchasing those photos only for Rs. 10- Many of us might still have those pictures preserved in theor cupboards.
10. Ending the day with prayer- Thank you God for everything! This is what the entire school narrated at the end of the function. Yes we thank God today for giving us a colourful chilhood and for gifting us with the best teachers or mentors who gave us the much desired love outside home.
A very Happy Children's Day to the child within us!
A walk through Mohammed Ali Road's Khau Galli